First of all, I’m really pleased to announce that I’ll be helping Al and Danny Kavadlo at two upcoming PCC Workshops! One in April in Minneapolis, MN (there’s still time for you to register… don’t miss it!) and the other in one of my favorite cities in the world, NYC! While a sizeable discount still is in effect for the NYC one, there’s a limited number of spots available (even though the workshop isn’t until June!) so I’d suggest that if you’re interested in going, you should try to sign up asap. Below are direct links to the workshop details/registration pages:
- Progressive Calisthenics Certification, MN (April)
- Progressive Calisthenics Certification NYC (June)
It’s an absolute joy to help Al and Danny out at these workshops, their enthusiasm is infectious and there’s always some new little game-changers I pick up from them whenever we’re in the same general area. At some point about 30 seconds into the first day of the workshop, the mind-meld happens and you’ll see amusing things start to happen like Al explaining something, while Danny and I demonstrate it from 2 different angles, or from 2 different difficulties. Many times we don’t rehearse that beforehand, a
nod is exchanged and some kind of intuitive communication. We’re like a jam band in that way sometimes. So needless to say, REALLY looking forward to these workshops and looking forward to hopefully seeing YOU there. The questions, experience, and individual challenges that each participant brings along are also incredibly valuable both to the instructors AND to the other participants. So hurrah!! Of course I’ve stepped up my training a bit… if you’re curious, here’s what’s going on with me these days:
- Continuing with my human flag training (and creating more “micro steps” to help me progress on this seriously MAXIMAL drill)
- Maintaining my current level of conditioning with the occasional all out “spazz out” workout… (it’s fun to track those with my Armour 39 click here for interesting info in a product review on this site… there’s charts n graphs!)
- More practice and less fear with handbalancing… after realizing the “what’s the worst that could happen” and finding some new places to practice… including at home, after sawing off some length from my desk (long story). I want to eventually do a freestanding handstand push up, because apparently in my world, a woman doing wall supported handstand push ups for reps just isn’t freakish enough for me. This will be a long term goal.
- Maintaining my heavy kettlebell pressing skills/strength
- Making sure I can demonstrate anything Al or Danny needs me to demonstrate at an upcoming PCC!!
- Finding more fun appliations of the skills I’ve been working on to help and inspire others. Look below for what happens when you practice mixed grip pull ups, bar muscle-ups, etc. That’s right, I’m a 37 year old tree-climbing tomboy!! (with the scraped up forearms to prove it… OUCH!!!)
Something else on the “exploration list” right now is further developing skills in divergent thinking. So if you like the unusual and occasionally irreverent viewpoints here, bookmark this site, there’s more coming. AND some unusual workout experiments involving other hobbies… yes… a “chess clock” workout is in development… WHAT?! I know… you’ll see! Should be fun!
In case you missed it:
- Interview with Senior RKC Amnon Darsa, Creator of Krav Maga Core and widely regarded as one of the best Krav Maga professionals in the world. Interview includes a very unique kettlebell drill that will really appeal to my friends who love the gun range…
- Product review: Onnit Macadamia Cacao Cherry Trilogy Nut Butter
- Pecan Nut Crust Primal or Paleo Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- Powerful new material on the official PCC Blog
- A review of a workshop that I’m VERY sad that I missed… Marty Gallagher’s Purposefully Primitive Seminar.
I have come back around to the idea of a podcast… after listening to more from other folks… again I am not entirely comfortable with the format, or even UNDERSTAND the format, so if you would like, let me know what it is that YOU love most about your favorite podcasts and leave it in the comments below… I’ve got a few hairbrained ideas, but want to make sure they’re something you’d care about first….. 🙂