Tuna salad with some high octane ingredients – this is modernized gourmet performance-enhancing food. Packed with protein, antioxidants, probiotics, healthy fats, and brain food. Besides, it’s all colorful and pretty and stuff.
Turbo Tuna Salad
- 5 oz Tuna Canned (wild caught, responsibly fished, packed in water)
- 1 carrot medium sized, diced small
- 1 celery 1 stalk, diced small. Choose organic, conventional celery is pesticide city
- 1 T goji berries dried (I chop these up a little bit)
- 1 T pecans crushed (Optional - but delicious!)
- 4 oz kefir or yogurt originally designed for Beyond Organic brand Amasai which was a supercharged version of kefir. Sadly now defunct.
- mineral or sea salt to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 hardboiled egg See the notes to find my easy method for perfect hardboiled eggs every time
- Drain the can of tuna well, and place it into a bowl suitable for mixing AND for eating! If you buy the snobby tuna like I do, you may need to break up the large "steak" into smaller pieces.
- Cut the hardboiled egg in half - eat one half, dice the other and add to the tuna. Add the diced carrot, celery, goji berries, pecans, and the plain yogurt or kefir.
- Mix in the sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper - continue to mix throughly and eat immediately from the bowl. If you're serving this to others, place on a washed and dried lettuce leaf for a fancier appearance.
- Needless to say, depending on your fitness goals you may wish to prepare this as 2 servings. Just make sure you like the other person a WHOLE LOWhen I make this, it lasts about 2 minutes around me.