This simple but very flavorful recipe can be partially portioned and prepared ahead too! Fantastic for a quick side dish
Quick Sesame Cook-Ahead Kale
- 1 bunch kale organic standard curly variety
- 1 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Braggs liquid aminos Or Wheat Free Tamari
- 1 tsp kelp granules Totally optional, but really is good when served with tuna steaks
- Carefully wash, dry*, and remove the stems from the fresh kale, tear into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium stockpot or large saucepan with lid, gently simmer the kale until it turns bright green and is no longer stiff. Drain and let cool.
- Store in an air tight dish in the refrigerator. The next day, remove all the extra moisture from the kale by gently squeezing it over the sink.
- Fluff it into a large bowl and sprinkle the sesame oil and aminos (or tamari) while tossing to mix well. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- A fantastic accompaniment to broiled chicken, steak, tuna steaks, etc. Also a unique way to prepare kale for including in vegetable wraps or as a salad component.
- Small Household Strategy for this Recipe! For small households, or if you find tons of organic kale on sale and want to take advantage - cook the kale ahead of time, and then after it has cooled, portion out the unseasoned, drained kale into 1-2 serving sizes. Place in ziplock freezer bags and store in the freezer. The night before you want to eat it, simply place one of the bags in the refrigerator to thaw. Season as above, adjusting the seasoning for fewer servings if necessary. I recently figured this out after my organic delivery sent two very large bunches of kale to me just before I left town last week!