This is a personal workout, fitting with some goals I’m working on – so it may not be your cup of tea, or something that you should do very often. It’s a mixing it up sort of thing. A TUESDAY sort of thing…
First is the “advanced” version that I did – and be honest if you’re not ready, don’t do it – it’s not worth it. The 2nd version is a beginner’s version – if you’re somewhere in between and/or are working through Convict Conditioning, feel free to swap out your step of the progression instead of what I have listed. Be honest with yourself, be creative, and do your best.
Advanced-ish HOLD IT! – repeat 3-4 times
Stay hanging from the bar the whole time during the first three items:
- 3 strict hanging leg raises, ankles to bar, no momentum, practice total control.
- 1 tuck lever (or if you’re further along, do it)
- 5 strict pull ups, hold with chin well over the bar at the top of the 5th one with full body tension for a little less than max time. Manage that fatigue!
- 10 heavy (relatively) kettlebell swings
- 2 clean and press per side with 1 size below your 1RM kettlebell military press – at the top, hold, maintaining full body tension for a reasonably challenging period of time
- 1 clean and hold (full body tension) per side with 1RM (press) kettlebell
- Rest as needed
Advanced Beginner Version repeat 3-4 times:
- 5 Hanging from the bar knee raises – or on the ground, leg raises – being sure to press the lower back into the floor.
- 3 Power Breathing Crunches*
- Flexed Arm Hang from the bar just shy of max time
- 10 relatively heavy kettlebell swings
- 5 moderate weight kettlebell clean and presses per side
- Rest as needed
*Everyone should do these – and I highly recommend the explanation and combo shown in the Kettlebell Goddess DVD