Bison Kale and Sweet Potato Skillet Meal from Paleo Steve’s awesome blog…
Bison Kale and Sweet Potato Skillet Meal
Bison Kale and Sweet Potato Skillet Meal adapted from Steve Parsoneault's great food blog: Paleo-Zone.com
- 5 oz bison or buffalo Lean Top Sirloin, sliced into 1/2 thick bite size pieces
- 2 oz kale torn or chopped into bite size pieces
- 6 oz yam garnet (Chopped, if organic leave peal on)
- 2 mushrooms
- 1 oz onion Red Onion Diced
- 1 T coconut oil
- mineral salt
- black pepper
- salt free spike seasoning Or salt-free seasoning of your choice
- Heat a large skillet on the stove, then add coconut oil.
- Stirfry the yam pieces, keeping them moving, flipping etc. After 4 minutes, add mushrooms and onions.
- Approx 2 minutes later, add the kale, covering to steam the kale slightly so that it doesn't take over the whole skillet for long Only steam the kale for about 1 minute.
- Stir, then clear an opening on the skillet to add your bison/buffalo pieces, keep them and the other ingredients moving, add salt, pepper and seasoning at this time.
- Cover the pan to speed the cooking a little, but do not overcook, open the lid to stir approx every 45 seconds or so. The bison is VERY lean, so be careful not to cook it for too long or it will become tough.