Extra crispy and delicious!
Single Serving Air Fried Brussels Sprouts!
- 6 oz fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 t olive oil
- 1 salt and pepper or cajun seasoning
- 1 hot sauce optional but recommended
- Wash the Brussels sprouts, but SERIOUSLY dry them - if you don't they'll have extra water in there and water means steam which means not crispy. Crispy is the goal here. Wash and dry 6oz of fresh Brussels sprouts.
- Trim off the hard end and quartered the large ones, and halved the smaller ones. The name of the game here is surface area.
- In a big bowl toss the sprouts with 1 teaspoon olive oil and the seasonings of your choice - salt and pepper are always a winner here, but a Cajun or Creole seasoned salt/spice mix are especially good. Amazingly just one teaspoon is more than enough to coat these if you roll them around well in the bowl with your hands. More oil than that and they get a bit bogged down.
- Put them in the air fryer basket - in my air fryer, this amount is a perfect single layer... PERFECT for maximum crispiness.
- Set the temperature at 400 degrees and the timer for 10-12 mins. Pull the basket out and shake it at about 4-5 minute intervals until the sprouts are all crispy, browned and delicious on all sides. This will also mean they're tender on the inside.
- Serve and douse with hot sauce if you wish. They're fine as is but hot sauce or even a little lemon juice or balsamic vinegar can take them to the next level.
Enjoy! Here’s a little video I had made for Instagram – look forward to a full video on Air Frying coming soon!