A high protein take on a classic one dish meal salad for people who hate mayonaise. Great for a complete make-ahead meal, picnic item, or take to work lunch.
Salad Olivier, GiryaGirl Style
- 1 lb chicken white meat (Cold, cooked - see recipe notes)
- 2 cup peas and carrots frozen (Thawed, but not warm)
- 2 cup potatoes (leave out if you wish to keep the carbs lower) red skin (Cooked, cooled and diced)
- 1/3 cup dill pickles minced (Use Mediterranean or European style pickles without food coloring)
- 6 scallions Cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 T capers drained
- 3 T dill fresh (chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 t salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt pastured if possible
- 1/2 cup sour cream pastured if you can!
- Combine cooked chicken, peas and carrots, potatos, scallions, pickles in a large bowl. Combine the yogurt, sour cream, dill, capers, salt and pepper then add it to the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Blend well, without destroying the individual ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving so the flavors can develop and meld.
- Traditionally, when served this salad receives a variety of optional garnishes: cold cooked shirmp, hard boiled egg wedges, tomato slices, olives, etc. Alternately it is also extremely good straight out of a pyrex container in the refrigerator.