An R rated (adult situations involving ingesting espresso grounds and ghost pepper sea salt) version of a G rated Paleo Fudge recipe.
It started here: https://theprimalhome.blogspot.com/2011/08/coconutty-paleo-fudge.html Awwww so sweet… and while I have all those ingredients on hand, I can see it is made with a milder palate in mind. Delicious I am sure, and it was, before I added a few… extra ingredients. My version should be kept safely away from toddlers and the faint of heart.
Paleo Fridge Fudge for Adults Only
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil Be sure to see my review of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup honey I used local honey, feel free to use more or less depending on your taste
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder I suppose you could use carob, but I like the real deal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried coconut shredded
- 1 tsp ghost pepper infused sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T dark roast espresso - ground
- 1/4 cup goji berries Optional
- 1/2 cup walnuts Optional
- Mix all ingredients together one by one.
- Add in a little extra coconut oil or almond butter if necessary. It should resemble brownie batter. Try your hardest not to eat it out of the bowl with a spoon first.
- Put in a shallow pan, hopefully lined with parchment paper and store in the fridge.
- After two of the longest hours of your life, it will be ready to cut into cubes and store back in the refrigerator.
- I considered garnishing it with some tiny little dried peri peri peppers and bits of pre cooked bacon.... but that would have taken it far beyond an R rating, don't you think?