Just the facts you need to quickly prepare ready-to-eat (or ready to put in meal prep containers) spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot! Each step is completely explained as well as possible. Enjoy this quick favorite for everyday or meal prep.
Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot!
- Instant pot steam rack
- 2-3lb Spaghetti Squash
- 1 cup Water
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Then cut the two pieces in half again - so that you have quarters. The more evenly you do this, the more efficient the portioning will be later.
- With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and slimy threads - though you don't have to be super perfect about this.
- Place the steam tray in the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup water
- Add the four pieces of spaghetti squash, bottom ends down.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, and set the top pressure release valve to "sealing"
- In manual mode, set it to cook for 7 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is finished and beeping at you, switch it off. Then, making sure that everyone and everything is clearn, slide the top knob on the pressure release valve from "sealing" to "release".
- After waiting until ALL the pressure is released, carefully remove the top of the instant pot. If the tops of the spaghetti squash pieces are medium-soft (or otherwise cooked to your liking), carefully remove them with tongs to cool for a few minutes.
- Scoop out the threads of each quarter with a large spoon, then separate the strands. At this stage I like to scoop the threads of each quarter right into a meal prep dish, or plates if more people are eating right then.
- Top with your favorite warmed spaghetti sauce, meat sauce, cheese, pesto, or?? You can also use the cooked spaghetti squash as an ingredient in baked dishes, or other preparations on another day.
Check out this fancy side-dish version (I call it “confetti spaghetti squash”). Pesto, olives, sundried tomatoes, red pepper flake, black pepper, black lava salt – just add your favorite grilled meat!