A tropical flavor-o-rama that’s surprisingly quick/easy etc.
Healthy Hedonist Salad
A tropical flavor-o-rama that's surprisingly quick/easy etc.
Servings: 2 people
- 12 oz sirloin or filet of beef Korean Style Marinated Steak Tips from The Meat House are PERFECT for this. Or lightly season with soy sauce
- 1 avocado perfectly ripe (use 1 or more if Hass, or one large Florida avocado)
- 2 bunches bn spring mix Or your favorite mix of tender lettuces
- 12 cup chopped cilantro fresh (loosely packed - add more/less depending on your preference)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil Check my review of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil!
- 1/4 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper fresh ground to taste
- 1/2 lime juice of one half... (Fresh squeezed - crush it with your hand)
- 1 mango super ripe and cut into large but bite sized chunks
- Place half of the lettuce mix in each large plate
- Heat your well-greased cast iron skillet to medium and sear/cook the seasoned steak to your desired doneness. Hopefully it is relatively thin!
- Place equal amounts of mango and avocado chunks on each plate - reserving a few large chunks for the dressing portion of the recipe (2 large chunks of mango, 2 large chunks of avocado).
- While the steak is briefly resting (makes it easier to cut), mash the reserved chunks of mango and avocado into a soft paste.
- Add in the lime juice, salt, pepper and cilantro - hopefully the mixture is at least room temperature, if necessary, slightly warm it all then add the melted coconut oil to complete the dressing.
- Give it a taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Slice the steak like fajita meat (against the grain), place on top of the salads and add the dressing. DONE!!! 🙂