GiryaGirl Style Bacon Cheeseburger!
- 1 pickle Russian style if you have it, and sliced!
- 1 slice onion white (Thin slice of white onion broken up into rings)
- 1 leaf napa cabbage One large pretty leaf
- 1 Tbsp mustard prepared (My fav for this is Grey Poupon Coarse Grind)
- 1 slice tomato optional, chopped small
- 1 slice bacon organic uncured (I use Applegate Farm's Uncured Sunday Bacon)
- 4 oz organic grassfed ground beef 85% lean or your favorite
- 1 slice grass fed organic sharp cheddar cheese TOTALLY optional, but delicious
- Place the strip of bacon in your medium temp skillet and fry until most of the fat has rendered off and the bacon is nice and crispy.
- Place the bacon on a paper towel to drain and wipe out 3/4 of the oil left in the pan. Form the 4oz of ground grassfed beef or bison into a nice round patty about 1/2" thick - or if you have a particular style you like, do that too. Brown it in the pan until cooked - sometimes I make these patties ahead of time, store them in the refrigerator and simply reheat them when its time for a quick meal. When the ground meat has reached a safe internal temperature, or is cooked to your liking, remove it from the pan.
- Break or cut it into even quarters and place these in a line in the large leaf of napa cabbage. Put pickle slices on either side of the slices and prepared mustard (or whatever other things you like on your burger... ketchup on top of the meat.
- Crumple up the bacon, and sprinkle it and the onion slices, bits of tomato, and shredded cheese on top. Eat out of hand like some kind of weird green taco!
You can do other fun variations of this - the other night I enjoyed a taco meat, salsa, avocado, shredded cheese, hot sauce version! Be creative! As featured on DragonDoor.tv!