A flavorful snack that’s packed with nutrition
Energizing Trail Mix Bark
A flavorful snack that's packed with nutrition - includes nuts, dried fruit, spices. Great for high energy activity days!
- 6 oz walnut halves Raw Walnuts
- 6 oz almonds Whole Raw Almonds
- 3 oz dried apricots Chopped or Diced
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 oz brown rice syrup I prefer the Lundberg brand
- 1 Tbsp almond butter or any other nut butter
- 4 grinds black pepper 4 good grinds of it
- 1/2 tsp sea salt ghost chili naga jolokia infused
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest Dried and powdered or fresh and obliterated
- 1 tsp ginger Dried China #1 ground at home is best
- Put the walnuts, almonds and chopped apricots in a large metal bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil, brown rice syrup, almond butter and all of the spices over medium heat - stirring constantly to combine.
- When the mixture comes to a slight boil/simmer, let it reduce VERY slightly (do not walk away for a second during this process, then pour over the nuts and fruit in the bowl. Working quickly, stir to make sure everything is evenly coated and combined.
- Turn out onto a silicone baking mat and let solidify - store in plastic bags and try to control yourself, this stuff is highly addictive.
- You can modify this recipe to suit whatever dried fruits, spices, etc. you may have available at the time. For the RKC Workshop I made a version of this mix which used walnuts, almonds, goji berries, raw cocoa nibs, and unsweetened coconut shreds for example.