Love chai tea? Avoiding dairy for whatever reason? Not avoiding dairy but out of local raw milk? Want to try something different? Its all good!
Chai Tea with Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp black tea with chai spices I buy this from my friends at the Winter Park Spice and Tea Exchange - see below for links
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk Whole Foods Organic 365 canned doesn't have any scary ingredients
- 2 Cup water Boiled and allowed to cool ever so slightly
- 2 tsp honey Or other natural sweetener to taste - this is completely optional - I normally use a pinch of stevia
- Place the tea in your brewing vessel of choice. Boil the water, let it cool for about 30 sec then pour over the tea leaves and let steep for 3-5 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping, mix the coconut milk with the optional natural sweetener and put this mixture in your drinking mug/cup.
- Strain the tea into the glasses and give it a gentle stir.
- Enjoy this surprisingly rich, delicious beverage full of the goodness of coconut and its healthy benefits! P.S. its good over ice too