PLEASE NOTE this is an estimated recipe as I just came up with it this afternoon, and will make it again so I can record the exact measurements for you. However, because I have taunted so many of you via text and on Instagram today with the photo you see to the left, I felt obligated to put the estimated version here for those who wish to try their hand (and if they come up with a nice variation, if they would please share it in the comments section below!)
Coconut Milk Chicken and Zucchini Noodle Alfredo
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil unrefined of course
- 1/2 lb chicken skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 zucchini medium sized
- 1/2 Can coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon juice of one half lemon
- 1 salt to taste
- 1 black pepper fresh cracked of course
- 1 pinch nutmeg fresh grated
- 1/2 Cup nutritional yeast flakes required!
- 1 tsp Bragg's liquid aminos or wheat free tamari
- This is surprisingly easy, and made the whole thing in one large cast iron skillet (LOL as usual). First I cut the chicken into bite size pieces, seasoned them with just a little salt and pepper and gently browned them in the coconut oil.
- When they were no longer pink inside, I added the coconut milk, lemon juice, Bragg's aminos, nutmeg, and nutritional yeast flakes.
- After stirring to combine all of of this, I adjusted the salt and pepper. For "bonus points" I used black truffle salt to up the umami factor.
- While this was simmering very low (to slightly reduce) I shredded the zucchini right into the pan! Some folks are having a lot of fun with the noodle spiralizers and such, but with my limited counter space, I have found it very hard to give up my trusty little Thai-style hand held shredder (think veggie peeler with a zig-zag blade).
- I made sure to stir gently so that the "noodles" became soft enough to eat, but not total mush. When everything tastes how you like it, serve immediately!