This recipe is not an exact science, and seems to be best made with some experimentation and customization in mind! It’s also a great use for leftovers or if you purchased a lot of organic cauliflower because it was on sale!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 head of organic cauliflower steamed and cooled flowerettes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 white onion diced small
- 1 carrot diced small
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 chicken breasts preferably already cooked with aminos or wheat free tamari and diced
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos or wheat free tamari or soy sauce, whatever you prefer
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil key ingredient for that special flavvor
- 1 raw egg
- 1 pinch five spice powder just a pinch!
- If you have a well seasonsed wok, then now is its time to shine! Gently heat the tablespoon of coconut oil and the sesame oil, then add the diced onion and carrot. Cook until soft and slightly browned.
- Push to the side and crack the egg right into the pan (if you are skilled and/or brave enough!). Use your spatula to scramble and break up the egg in the bottom of the wok, when it has finished cooking add the cooked carrots, onions, and cubed cooked chicken. Stir well to heat everything through.
- Add a splash of the coconut aminos or tamari then add the dry, chipped up steamed cauliflower bits, and stir very well, bring up the heat if desired to get some serious browning going on as you keep everything in the pan moving.
- Add the pinch of five spice powder, and the aminos or tamari during this time.
- When everything is very well mixed, nicely browned, and very hot, toss in the chopped green onion before serving in bowls.
- It's not very sophisticated of me, but I do eat this with a spoon. Anyone who has otherwise eaten Chinese food with me knows that I am more than proficient with chopsticks, so there is nothing to prove! 🙂 Enjoy and tell me what variations you try!