I popped a few of these into my mouth before someone handed me the “keys” to a 2012 Bentley Mulsanne – I consider these stuffed mushrooms to be good luck of the highest order. Besides there’s only 3 ingredients…
Blue Bentley Bites
- 8 oz mushrooms button (Medium sized, very fresh)
- 1/4 lb Kerrygold grassfed milk blue cheese Or the funkiest blue cheese you can find
- 2 slices bacon thick cut (Applegate Farms is the fave)
- I hope you bought 1/4lb of the funkiest blue cheese... I mean - the sort that makes you want to compulsively wash your hands about 10 times. I think this Kerrygold grass fed milk stuff is definitely pretty awesome, so try that. Their butter is really quite good too, BulletproofExec got me onto that.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems - cut up the blue cheese into little cubes, put the cheese in the mushrooms - overstuff EVER so slightly. Set these aside.
- Get out granny's cast iron skillet (I actually used the 2 small cast iron skillets) cut the 2 bacon strips into 6 pieces total - brown them in the skillet(s).
- When they're browned and there's a good bit of bacon grease in the pan(s) take the bacon out and let it cool on a plate while you put the cheese stuffed mushrooms in the pan - making sure they all stay upright.
- Break up the bacon and place a piece on the top of each mushroom. Put in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure the mushrooms are nice and squishy. Let cool slightly then if no one is looking, eat them with your hands.
- They're also a great next to a steak and greens - which was my original plan, but I ended up eating more of them - the steak will wait for breakfast. Life is GOOD!! Also, save the juice from the pan - it's salad dressing waiting to happen. Drizzle it over greens!