A little unusual, a lot tasty… It pays to get creative with grassfed ground beef! YUM!
Asian Inspired Skillet Beef and Vegetable Salad
- 1 T coconut oil
- 4 oz sweet potato Minced, this is about 1/2 of a small sweet potato
- 1/2 small onion small (minced very fine or in thin shreds)
- 1 tsp dark sesame seed oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp wheat free tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp cilantro fresh (minced)
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 oz mixed lettuces Organic Girl brand 5 Happiness Asian mix is great for this
- 1/2 lb grassfed ground beef
- Heat the coconut oil in your handy cast iron skillet, then add the onions, sesame seeds, and sweet potato - make sure to at least partially cook these before crumbling the ground beef into the pan - cook well, while stirring.
- When all the pinkness has gone from the meat (but before you over cook it!) add in the dark sesame, tamari, rice wine vinegar. Spoon the beef and sweet potato mixture onto a plate covered with the lettuces, garnish with the fresh cilantro.