My kettlebell small group members are a lot of fun, and one of them in particular seems to have a knack for coming up with little slogans. Yesterday’s workout was hince named for the day of the week, which will forever be known as “Woozy Wednesday” because well – some of them got a bit woozy and had to walk it off from time to time. No cookies were chucked thankfully.
Want to get woozy yourself?
Warm up with joint mobility – then…. taking breaks as needed see how quickly (but with strict correct form!) you can do the following:
- 50 kettlebell swings
- 50 burpees
- 40 kettlebell swings
- 30 “spiderman” push ups
- 30 kettlebell swings
- 20 kettlebell snatches (10 per side, or 20 per side if you are motivated – this was in there mainly to keep this movement in practice for the group)
- 20 kettlebell swings
- 10 kettlebell military presses per side
After a very brief break we did a few abdominal exercises since SOME participants were not standing up to the tough love… remember… every time you even TOUCH a kettlebell those abs need to be tight – protect the back. If I chop your tummy during a swing it shouldn’t be all soft!
3 sets of 10 kettlebell sit ups, then
- 30 seconds plank with the right arm off the ground
- 30 seconds plank with the left arm off the ground
- 30 seconds plank with the right foot off the ground
- 30 seconds plank with the left food off the ground
- 45 seconds Russian twist
Repeat as necessary for time or to really really help remember where your abdominal muscles are and how to active them 🙂