A simple but really different tasty Mediterranean flavor for slider patties…
Kibbi Spiced Slider Patties
- 1 lb grass-fed beef ground (I like 85% for this, but any will do)
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts can also be minced
- 1/3 cup white onion very finely minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to your taste (I use about 3/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 tsp allspice ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh ground, you can of course use less but....
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Crumble the raw ground beef into a large mixing bowl. Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the coconut oil. Combine well, and form into slider patties. I do this by dividing the mixture into half, then halving that to make 4 equal sized portions. I halve those one more time to make 8 little patties of approx 2oz each. You can make 1oz patties too, as these are nice for sharing, adding to the top of an exotic salad, or more realistically eating them right out of the pan after they've browned. HAHA.
- In a heavy skillet (I use my ancient cast iron one of course) gently heat the coconut oil on about medium heat, but don't let it smoke. Brown the patties on each side, cooking until they're no longer pink in the middle. Shouldn't take long, these are small little things.
- Serve them on a plate alongside your favorite raw or cooked vegetables or add them to a lettuce wrap filled with tomato slices, cucumber slices, and tahini dressing (tahini, lemon juice, salt pepper). Or you can eat them right out of the pan like I do sometimes. They are THAT good. The 4 serving yield above is kind of standard 4oz meat serving, but I'll typically eat half of the recipe for dinner, and the other half for lunch the next day.