First the workout – and then if you wish to keep reading, there’s some serious handpicked deals for you too!
Definitely a fun one to get the week going strong (I’m doing most of my heavier duty workouts on Tues/Thurs then on the weekend my workout partner and I really go for a challenge!)
Here’s what I did Tuesday 12/13 at home:
Mobility Focused with Some Heavy Stuff – Kettlebells and Calisthenics Workout:
And since I’d had a lot of meetings (and a lot of sitting), I did another fun sequence:
5x Pushups, walk the hands back so that you’re in a squat (keep the hips low while walking back), do 5x squats, then stay down on the last one, reach back to a crab walk position, do a few steps, transition back to low squat, then crawl back out to the pushup position and repeat. (I went for 5 total rounds this time, but if you want to get moving during the day, going for 10 during a longer break is fantastic!)
Weird 10 Minute Metabolic Focused EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute)
Remember to use the rest of the minute as a break, but keep moving!
- Odd Minutes: 20x heavy kettlebell swings (I chose 32kg, choose what’s relatively heavy)
- Even Minutes: 5x Burpees with double kettlebell Deadlift (no jump) I chose 2x 20kg because they were handy
Short Descending Ladder Circuit:
- 5 Pullups
- 10/10 Floor Tap Lunges
- 5/5 “heavy” kettlebell presses (I chose 22kg today)
- 5x double kettlebell squats (I chose two 16kg as I was starting to get tired!)
- 4 Pullups
- 8/8 Floor Tap Lunges
- 4/4 “heavy” kettlebell presses
- 4x double kettlebell squats
- 3 Pullups
- 6/6 Floor Tap Lunges
- 3/3 “heavy” kettlebell presses
- 3x double kettlebell squats
- 3 Pullups (I held the reps at three for the rest of the circuit because I wanted a little extra volume on these, feel free to ladder down on them)
- 4/4 Floor Tap Lunges
- 2/2 “heavy” kettlebell presses
- 2x double kettlebell squats
- 3 Pullups
- 2/2 Floor Tap Lunges
- 1/1 “heavy” kettlebell presses
- 1x double kettlebell squat
As Promised: Some Deals!
The Basement KETTLEBELL SALE is back on for the very last time:
The Click and Grow Winter Sale is ON
The Fré Skincare Holiday Boxes & Bundles have dropped!
In my opinion they’re really putting their best stuff in these boxes (and the holiday bundles in general – savings up to 45% off… and that’s before you add discount code GIRYAGIRL in the cart!) Some of you have heard about how much I swear by Vitamin C serum, and frankly the one from Fré is the best (and gentlest) I’ve ever used. Frankly I need to restock a few favorites and am trying to decide which of these collections may just handle it all! I really need to write some reviews of favorite Fré products soon (it’s on the to-do list). But I have been very pleased with Fré for several years now, and that Vitamin C serum is an instant classic.
Many of the Fré products are enriched with argan oil (and they also have argan oil on its own) which is a effective and luxurious ingredient. VERY good stuff! 🙂 Speaking of argan oil, Fré’s One Set One Tree Program helps replenish endangered argan forests and support the women who harvest argan oil in Morocco. So every time you buy a set or a bottle of argan oil, know that you’re helping women and the environment at the same time. Since Fré began 6 years ago, they’ve planted a total of 63,000 argan trees in Morocco! Here’s to many more – and you can be part of it, all while nourishing your skin.