Quick main course when you make the ground beef ahead! Kid friendly, low carb, great with guacamole.
Beyond Organic Beef Quesadillas
- 1 lb beyond organic ground beef
- 4 oz beyond organic raw milk cheddar Grated, shredded or cut into tiny cubes
- 1/2 Taco seasoning packet Save half for next time, or use approx 2 tablespoons
- 8 La Tortilla Factory low carb high fiber 36g tortillas These are the small 50 calorie ones
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil mmmm
- First we have to make the seasoned ground beef: - crumple it into a heated skillet (medium seems to work best) and cook/stir until browned. I don't bother to drain the oil/juice then I add 1/2 of the taco seasoning packet (or 1-2tbsp of your favorite taco seasoning blend) and 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and cook until it is no longer soupy. Be sure not to dry it out too much.
- Assemble your quesadillas 2 at a time unless you have access to a large griddle - sprinkle 1/2 oz cheese on one side of the tortilla, then add 1/8th of the meat mixture, then 1/2 oz of the cheese on top of the meat. Fold the tortilla in half and carefully transfer it to your heated skillet. Flip (carefully) when the bottom of the quesadilla is brown and crispy. Quesadillas are done when both sides are browned and crispy and full of melty cheese!
- Serve with quacamole, a fresh avocado, or a green salad.
- For a hearty tasty crunchy meal, everyone gets 2! Snack size is one, and kids may also just want one as well.