- Progressive Calisthenics Certification Workshops
- HKC Certification Workshops
- RKC Certification Workshops
- RKC Re-Certification Workshops
- RKC Level II Certification Workshops
- CK-FMS Certification Workshops
- Become a Primal Move Instructor
Regular readers of this site know that it's no secret how much I love the Convict Conditioning series of books - so I really couldn't wait to get my hands on the two new (there will eventually be a total of SIX!) DVD and Manual sets ASAP!!! My full reviews are on the Dragon Door site, so scroll down on that product page and see what I had to say about them (Spoiler alert: THEY RULE!)
Complete step by step how-to program from Zach Even Esh, creator of the Underground Strength Nation and Underground Strength Coach program. Zach guides you through the process with a multimedia approach. Click here to learn more, and start building your dream business now.
So much inspiration and creativity stemming from the recent visit to NYC, Nimble Fitness, Equinox, and of course 's Saturday Morning class. This particular workout's "warm up" was directly influenced by the warmup from Al's class I attended. Lacking access to Thompson Square Park, I came up with a simple circuit punctuated with our favorite 2 hand swings (I had a variety of available so the exercises could be performed properly with the right amount of weight etc.).
We chose a nice shaded area with a large concrete pad, did our favorite warm up then proceeded to traverse down and back on the large pad with the following:
1. Bear Crawls (keep hips high, be conscious of what all limbs are doing at any given time. Growling encouraged, no whining allowed!)
2. Traveling Inch-worms with push up and tuck jump—these need a name, Al might have mentioned something about a bull frog? Feel free to "ribbit." Basically start from standing, walk out on your hands to push up position, do a push up then jump your feet up between your hands. Stand up with a hop and repeat. These are fairly advanced moves, so be safe and know your limits (in terms of mobility/flexibility especially)
3. Crouching Monkey Kinda Thing. Wide stance, similar to the Cossack Stretch for those of you familiar to the fab . The heel of the bent knee can come up - you stay low and then travel to the other knee so that it bends. Hop the legs in the direction you want to go. I need to do a video for this. Get the hang of it and you'll feel like a cute little spider monkey or a hulking fierce gorilla—maybe a jumping spider!
On to the circuit. Do this 2-3 times, depending on what kind of time you have available. If you are doing only 2 rounds, please choose challenging weights.
Cool down with
*Thanks Alicia Streger for showing me this super cool move... start in a "crab walk" or "table" position, then carefully reach for the opposite side toe!
No one is usually this happy about doing these, but I am conditioned to smile in photos—old habits die hard. Besides, I've just been to Whole Foods and I like these shoes a whole lot.
Upcoming Workshops with Adrienne:
Free Mini Ebook and 10 Recipes!
They're BACK for a limited time!
FREE 1 Year Preferred Customer Membership Value Pack
Not only do you get to try your choice of new products, you'll get 20% off of all Beyond Organic purchases for a whole year! Preferred Customer Membership is included with these delicious value packs. Get it TODAY! :)
Official GiryaGirl.com shirts for everyone! Tell the world what site is your SECRET WEAPON for kettlebell training, recipes, reviews and more. Tons of options and you don't have to choose black...