Do you remember the feeling you'd have as a kid after a good hard playtime at a park? After climbing on things, chasing your friends, swinging on the swings, trying stunts on the balance beam, etc? I experienced it again yesterday - and demolished the last half of a bottle of crockpot borscht because of it.and a large bowl of
Inspired by the, MovNat, and the , here's what I did -
- Practiced pull ups then pressing myself above the bar - single reps, punctuated by a set of 3 reps of 1 legged squats ( ) on each leg. After 5 rounds it was time to switch it up.
- 5 rounds of 3 , one tuck lever, one "skin the cat" and before letting go of the bar, 5 strict pull ups. In between each round I practiced "walk down the wall" (in this case a large tree) , and I tried a couple walking back up - which was a LOT of fun!!!!!!
- Monkey bars out and back once regular, monkey bars out and back once keeping legs raised in an "L-sit" WOW that was a challenge!!!
- Then it was time to practice balance beam fun (Tai Chi aside, I am surprisingly bad at the rounded balance beam - it's embarrassing!). I traversed both beams - flat and round out and back a few times, then shuffled down and back with the balls of my feet only on the beam.
- Last but not least, I had just enough time for the top half of the sissy challenge - before running home to finish up some writing and website work. I used a and performed the following with minimal rest: 25 2 hand swings, 1 burpee; 24 2 hand swings, 2 burpees... down to 12 2 hand swings and 14 burpees for a total of 259 swings and 259 burpees which was enough for the day.
Swap out your own progressions and just have fun practicing!