It's no secret that I'm nuts about theseries of books and DVDs from - and of course totally hooked on training too. Here's an example of a fairly (you can adjust the difficulty to meet your own needs) advanced workout that involves a great deal of variety. The real fun is derived from it's variability - it can adapt to whatever step you're working on with your exercises.
Of course, always warm up with someexercises and a few swings.
This workout was originally designed for a moderateand rather heavy . Choose wisely when considering what that means for you.
Three Rounds Of:
- 1 hand swings 10/side
- 5/side (OR where you are with your work towards the pistol. Also, take the necessary time to do them correctly, it's not a race.)
- 10 Pushups (From the feet, knees, etc)
Something I didn't tell you is that we carried the moderate weightto a nearby park and back for this part, so that some of the participants could use the benches for box- . If you aren't wandering around in search of "found" gym equipment, consider some farmers walks at the beginning.
Handstand andpractice 2-4 rounds of:
- Practice handstand holds (with wall, without wall, crow stand, etc) 5
- Practice (shoulder, partial, full, wherever you are) 5
Then we performed a few of our favorite pump stretches and walked back to where the heavyare - and finished up with:
5 sets of:
- 10 Heavy 2 hand swings (I used the for fun!)
- 5 Deadlifts (focusing on form, and using as a weird form of active rest)
We finished up with a few practice mace swings for fun, and of course our favorite.