I've been chatting with eBook Code Name: Indestructible. If you've been wondering if Code Name: Indestructible is for you or not, I've made a simple Venn diagram for you that should clear up any confusion. Those of you who happen to meet all three conditions, then seriously... buy it before you end up like that guy in the classic David Cronenberg movie Scanners..., lately about his awesome
- A controlled flip from "crab walk" position got us ready for push ups, we did 4 spiderman push ups (2 per side) before
- walking our hands back to a low "frog" squat and performing 10 squats.
- at the bottom of the last squat, we put our hands forward and practiced a crow stand then
- walked back to the crab walk position, where we carefully touched opposite hand to opposite foot (on top, not underneith?! is that even possible!?) 10 times total, then started back at the beginning -- repeated this whole sequence 3 times for a nice warm up
Next was our modified for circumstances and abilities version of the Code Name:workout (grab a moderate or a small collection of 'em We had multiples of the following sizes available: , , , ):
21 Minutes total - as many rounds which can be performed with accurate and safe form resting with necessary. (my small group is well trained at this point to know their limits, couldn't be more proud of them for this... the changes and progress they've made has been a little bit staggering)
- 5 Horizontal "Aussie" Pull Ups (as mentioned in and )
- 5 Step Ups Per side (while holding in front as in a squat)
- 5 Push ups (choice of: 1 leg push ups, regular push ups, knee push ups)
- 10/side snatches (or 10/side 1 arm swings)
After a brief active rest and water break we worked on, neck , handstands with the wall. Finally ending with more Joint Mobility.
When I got home, I did a version of the workout adjusted for my abilities and indoor circumstances:
21 minutes of....
- 5 Incredibly strict dead hang with pause at top&bottom pull ups
- 5 Heavy squats
- 5 Push ups with feet raised (toes up on couch*)
- 5 Moderately heavy snatches per side
Followed by some free form Primal Move explorations,practice etc.
*Said couch is "Danish Modern" and kinda low...