Andrea Du Cane's awesome Kettlebell Goddess Workout DVD (run time: 2 hours, 25 minutes)
We had access to a different area today for my beginner's class - and took full advantage of it. I had actually written this particular workout for them several weeks ago - but wanted to post it AFTER they got the chance to try it out first (and because some of them read this website, and I didn't want to spoil the surprise).
We started out with ourwarm up, then went to the edge of a very nice soccer field.
They began with 20 2-handswings, then a moderate run to the other edge of the field (not long-ways) and back. We did this three times.
After that we "hung around" (haha) with timed hangs from the sides of a monkey-bar set up - 3x30 seconds with a short break between each 30 second hang. For a more advanced challenge, hold an L-sit position during this hang - and be strict about it. OR hang from one hand and do two 30 second holds for each hand.
Next we did 3 rounds of the following circuit, 45 seconds of work, 15-30seconds rest (some of the stations were farther away than others, and travel time factored in):
- Walking lunges with held in front by the horns (close to the body)
- Pull ups, or pull ups (body held in plank like position) under a 3 foot high bar for beginners - similar to the pull ups under a table done as a precursor to a full in .
- Light and practice, alternating sides each time
- Push ups with hands on an elevated surface (normally the beginners group do push ups from the knee, we were focusing on body alignment and abdominal engagement today - feel free to use your favorite progression here)
- Lateral lunges with held in front by the horns like before. Move carefully with these, no rushing
- Static hold on the parallel bars - arms straight. Advanced challenge - dips
End withand plenty of water.